Thursday, August 30, 2007

Kimble had his first day of school on Tuesday. He has been doing pretty good. Today his Teacher asked the class to draw a picture of themselves and he didn't want to do it. So Mrs. Peck had him stay in from the first part of recess until he did it. I asked him why he didn't want to do it and he said " I didn't do it, because I couldn't do it perfect enough." So I said you just need to do your best.... we talked about it for a couple minutes hopefully he will figure it out.
I have a cold, I should never bake cakes when I have a cold. I tried to make a coconut cake today.... it looked like a really big very rectangular pancake. The cake had a nasty crust on it and was about a half inch thick, so sad, six eggs and one and half sticks of butter gone. Any way I should have taken a picture of it. Just terrible. I made some Miranda Bars and they turned out just right, they always do, thanks Merandie. Oh man I still have to make all 80 of my squares for Quilt club, in two weeks, so I may not be updating this thing for a while, but I am going to try to post once a week or more if I can.

3 comments:

kristine N said...

Kimble is so grown up! I can't believe he's in kindergarten. I hope he figures out it's okay to do a bad job, or even fail, as long as you get up and try again. That's one thing I'm glad I learned early (having had lots of experience failing :) )

Have fun making your quilt squares. I'm so impressed by your discipline.

erica e said...

Wow. I can't believe Kimble is that old!
I'll be thinking about you as I finish up a gazillion quilt squares too. Fun, fun!

Emily said...

Eli's totally stubborn like that too. On his first/second day of preschool at the elem. school he wouldn't get in line to "check out." The teacher just waited, good teacher.