Wednesday, July 23, 2008

struggling

Well Hey Everybody, I am so dang busy all the time with ASL and Doctors and Helper people at the house, it has been very difficult. So I have put the blog and quilts on hold. I have now gotten enough ASL in my brain that I have just finished one quilt and started another one, Gator has changed our computers running system so many times.... so many. So I still have to try to figure out how to get pics on here.

So here's the update, Kimble wants to home school really bad, so we are trying to figure it out. He starts Soccer in a couple weeks, I am the coach of his team. Maggie is the sauce as she is constantly telling me, her hair is growing, and she and Kimble and Ira play so well together it is scary in a wonderful way. Ira is learning sign, he says: MOM, DAD, MORE, WANT, GIVE ME THAT, TAKE ME THERE, and he tries to sign I LOVE YOU. OH and Bye and Hello, He signs bye and hello every time he come in or out of a room, just to let us know.

Gator and I are trying to figure out if we should stay in our ward or go to the Deaf ward or split up our time between the two, staying members of this one and visiting that one, or what, we don't know. We have really been so frustrated by this issue and we keep having bad times with our callings and dealing with people. I personally have never had such a hard time getting up the desire to go to church, I am afraid. But I know God lives, can't deny it, so I go, and I struggle with that. But I know I wouldn't be doing so well with sign and mothering if I didn't do the things I do everyday to show my devotion to to all that is the Gospel. So hopefully I will figure out what I am supposed to be learning from all of this, and soon.

Pics coming soon...

7 comments:

Jourdan said...

Lis, don't fret. Whatever you decide will be OK. And the decision doesn't have to be forever? I see pros/cons to both sides though and understand why the decision would be SO hard. Just think of his age and the rest of your children learning ASL faster.

You can always come back to the home ward later and all the while still be a part of the community.

And by the way, you are doing AMAZING in ASL. I keep wanting to tell you that. I am SO, so impressed with your learning curve (not that I understand it or anything...but some day). Just goes to show: A Mother's Love.

Kelli said...

Hey, you guys are doing great!! It takes a certain person to be able to take on a lot and handle it, and you are it! You are amazing! I am glad to hear Ira is doing well with learning ASL. He is such a cute boy! I know there is a driving distance, but if you ever need some help, please let me know! We look forward to seeing some pictures!!

Eric said...

I second what Kelli posted. You guys can call or come by any time...you can even bring Gator! ;)

elshmobelsh said...

Hey Elisa, Hang in there. I had a few months where I almost snapped and stopped going to church because I just felt like the Lord was asking more of me than I could handle. (and it was nothing compared to what you are dealing with,just a lot of stuff with our callings.) But I did keep going because I knew I could not deny the truth of it. Eventually it got better and I feel so much stronger for it. I love you and know you can make it through this hard time. We will keep you in our prayers!

Loves,
elsh

Emily said...

You are one tough gal! I'm so glad for the update. It has been sooooooooo long! Why does Kimble want to home school? You've probably heard about the state's K-8 online homeschool materials? If not, let me know and I can find out.

Keep toughing it out. I know you can do it! Let us know when you guys are in town again.

Love, Em

erin said...

So fun to have an update. I am good at checking blogs. =) I have one (meager)and I will invite you to it. I'm sure you're awesome with your ASL because of your drive! I'm sure Ira is one cute little boy if he's anything like Kimble was when we knew you guys! I am going to home school Kate this coming year-- we should keep in touch about that. Ours will be through a Charter School/Home school program a few miles from here. I am nervous, but really looking forward to it! Way to be a "coach"-- I'm sure you'll be great. And I love that your kids play well together- a blessing for sure. Stay strong in the church...I feel like I'm on a rough patch too and it was refreshing to read your post! =)

erin said...

send me your email address- and I can invite you to my blog. threeglenns@yahoo.com